Because they focus on “me” instead of “we.” Great, long-term partnerships aren’t chasing the next big thing. They are grounded in clear purpose, true collaboration, and trust that is earned over time.
Over the years, we’ve provided strategic support, creative solutions, and efficient execution in ways that have contributed to the journey from iconic RV brand to thriving outdoor lifestyle juggernaut.
THE START OF SOMETHING SPECIAL
When we started our partnership with Winnebago, it was already one of the most recognizable brands in the RV industry. But the category was crowded, and the products were complex, making it difficult to stand out as an inspirational brand in this historically insular industry.
DKY helped the Winnebago marketing team solidify and expand its place as an industry leader through high-quality marketing collateral, inspiring events, and exceptional dealer support. The DKY team also led the early web/digital marketing efforts.
Over the years, the RV market has attracted a more diverse community of outdoor enthusiasts. One key to Winnebago’s success has been its steadfast commitment to delivering a best-in-class RV experience. It is fueled by a deep customer understanding and is measured every mile of their journey in the form of quality, innovation, service, and a sense of belonging.
For three decades DKY has been part of the Winnebago journey through building awareness for their products and services, communicating the value proposition to distinct target audiences, and inspiring a sense of community and loyalty.
BREADTH OF WORK
DKY’s collaborations with the Winnebago marketing pros include:
- Brand & Marketing Strategy
- Market Research
- Brand Identity Design
- Marketing Communications Planning
- Content/Lifestyle Storytelling
- Website Design/Development
- Digital Marketing
- Public Relations
- Corporate Communications
- Social Media
- Event Marketing
- Lifestyle Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Channel/Dealer Marketing
Milestones of Service
The Winnebago-DKY partnership includes both tactical and strategic initiatives. We’ve provided counsel and support to help them navigate major inflection points, including digital transformation, a global pandemic, the age of electrification, and more.
Here are a few partnership highlights:
ELECTRIC RV LAUNCH
In 2023, DKY helped plan and execute an integrated marketing communications launch culminating in a staged reveal of the Winnebago eRV2 at the 2023 Florida RV SuperShow. This omnichannel initiative featured:
- A bespoke camouflage vehicle wrap featuring famous cityscapes to build anticipation and inspire dreams of cross-country travel
- Inspiring launch content featuring studio and location photography and video content to reach paid, earned, owned, and shared audiences
- A tiered media relations effort to garner both in-category and adjacent-category coverage
- A post-launch Influencer campaign enlisting the appropriate trendsetters to take the eRV2 for a multi-day test drive and document their travel experience.
2020 VIRTUAL PRODUCT LAUNCH EVENT
As the planet grappled with the pandemic in 2020, the RV industry experienced a surge in demand for people wanting to travel outdoors while sheltering with family and friends. With traditional product tactics and tools sidelined, DKY partnered with the Winnebago marketing team to concept, script, art direct and stage an all-virtual launch as the showcase marketing event for the Winnebago brand.
The launch event featured:
- 22 pre-produced videos and 15 lifestyle image galleries of new models
- Hosted a live streaming event from a custom-built studio at Winnebago’s flagship plant in Forest City, IA
- An integrated pre-, during- and post-event promotional campaign to amplify reach and engagement via email, digital, social media and media relations
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PROGRAMS
To help Winnebago demonstrate its commitment to the outdoors and connect more deeply with customers and outdoor enthusiasts, DKY has helped to concept, build and execute a variety of customer engagement programs over the past 30 years, including:
- WIT Club – Winnebago’s owner loyalty program (now called GoLife Perks), including the Grand National Rally event in Forest City, Iowa
- WinnebagoLife – A content marketing and social media initiative to build engagement and community among Winnebago owners and enthusiasts
- National Parks Foundation Partnership – Featuring an “On the Road Again” campaign to celebrate and support our shared and treasured outdoor spaces