Bethany International has a 75-year history of boldly taking the church to unreached people around the world through its unique train-send-partner model. Over time, however, Bethany’s ministry arms had become too siloed and were confusing to potential students, missionaries, partners and supporters.
DKY was tasked by Bethany leadership with a clear objective: align the Bethany brand strategy with the ministry vision. Many new and exciting initiatives were underway, but the brand was no longer serving the ministry. Our job was to bring clarity and focus to the Bethany brand story and help them reach and inspire future supporters of the Bethany mission.
- Brand Discovery/Audit
- Market Research
- Brand Positioning Strategy
- Naming and Identity Design
- Brand System Design and Launch
- Website Design/Development
- Communications Plan
- Event Marketing
- Donor Outreach
Through a series of workshop sessions with Bethany leadership and concept development rounds, the Bethany brand was repositioned from a house of brands to a branded house. Even though target audiences are diverse in age, demographics, location and vocations, a shared value proposition emerged that represented the entire organization in an inspirational way.
DKY also designed a new, unified Bethany brand identity that features a simplified nomenclature and logo system. An all-new design system was also created to express the brand across a variety of mediums and applications.
The new Bethany brand was launched internally first, followed by a phased rollout to external communications. Some key achievements of the Bethany–DKY partnership are:
- A clear, focused brand strategy is aligned with the new, unified ministry vision and structure.
- The redesigned brand identity and design system have re-energized both internal and external Bethany audiences.
- Legacy websites have been replaced with streamlined online experiences: BethanyInternational.org and BethanyGU.edu.
- Primary communications elements have been reimagined to better represent Bethany and connect with two primary audience segments: overall ministry supporters/donors and university students/parents.
unified brand strategy
updated communications elements
completely redesigned ministry websites
regained momentum for student recruitment