DKY Human Resources Manager/Director
DKY has an immediate opening for a fractional HR role.
This newly created position is a unique opportunity for an experienced HR professional who is looking to help create and build staffing and human resource policies and strategies for a vibrant service-industry business. We are growing as a company and team, and need an experienced HR pro to help us navigate change.
In addition to having a strong HR background, this Manager/Director candidate should be a strategic thinker, people connector, great listener, experienced problem-solver and inspirational team builder.
DKY has an exceptional culture and 28-year track record of best-in-class client service and experience. This new leader will help us build our team in a way that protects what is special about working on the DKY team, while supporting a growth strategy that allows us to scale without losing our core identity and agency culture.
- Build strong relationships and facilitate great communication between the DKY leadership team and our extended team.
- Become a champion and protector of DKY’s culture and business model – our mission, values, differentiators, service offerings and go-to-market strategy.
- Bring strategic, modern HR practices to the DKY team in order to foster an exceptional employee experience.
- Implement approaches that build unity, productivity, professional growth and joy into the DKY workplace.
- Collaborate with DKY service delivery teams to develop focus and structure for DKY’s recruiting and professional development strategy.
- Initial focus areas include:
- Oversee the creation and execution of recruiting and onboarding new employees – both contract and salaried.
- Consult on the staff formation: departmental, workflow and reporting structure.
- Develop and refine job descriptions for clarity and process efficiencies.
- Strong understanding of HR fundamentals and best practices, with deep and broad human resources experience.
- Humble and collaborative team/relationship builder – strong emotional intelligence.
- Excellent communication skills – writing, presenting, persuasion, active listening.
- Strategic thinker – convert data points into big picture opportunities.
- Hunger to grow – ongoing personal and agency growth.
- Driven self-starter who proactively takes steps to define a plan of action.
- Ability to be calm in the storms – proactive at generating solutions.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Very organized and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and ability to learn other technologies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Focused education/training in the HR/recruiting field.
- 8 or more years of HR/recruiting/development with a business or non-profit. Creative agency experience preferred, but not required.
DKY is an independent, Minneapolis-based brand marketing, advertising, and public relations agency. We have a 25-year history of delivering exceptional, effective strategies and campaigns for a wide variety of B2B and B2C clients.
Our mission is to help good people build brands of great impact.
We care deeply about the work and the people we serve and strive every day to keep our relationships as productive and meaningful as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
DKY is an equal opportunity employer. Please complete the form below and include your resume and a brief summary of why you would be a fit for the Human Resources Manager/Director role at DKY. No phone calls, please.