DKY Summer Marketing Intern
DKY has an immediate opening for a full-time Summer Marketing Intern.
This position will be a great learning opportunity for a college student or graduate looking to gain experience in the marketing industry. This hire will help support agency client work and collaborate with staff members in different disciplines including Digital Marketing, Public Relations/Content and Social Media.
We’re seeking someone who is curious, ambitious, eager, organized and excited to learn. Strong writing and communication skills, social media proficiency and an interest in marketing analytics and metrics are desired. Someone who is reliable, consistent, humble and a self-starter will be a great fit at DKY.
- Build strong relationships and facilitate great communication between DKY teammates and client contacts, advocating for our client’s needs every day.
- Become a subject matter expert of our client’s business, knowing the ins and outs of the products, marketing, and competition.
- Have a passion to learn about the art and science of marketing, keep up with the trends and innovations, and share with the team.
- Assist with client fulfillment projects and other DKY office-related tasks.
- Develop a working knowledge of DKY’s culture, processes and workflow platforms.
- Support staff specialists in areas of Digital Marketing, Public Relations/Content and Social Media. Tasks may include:
- Develop content for DKY’s website, blog, newsletter and social media channels.
- Assist with content platform scheduling, maintenance and reporting.
- Help conduct DKY media relations efforts related a newsworthy business or personnel announcement.
- Support SEO-driven email marketing and website development.
- Gain experience with analytics and reporting for clients and DKY.
- Attend weekly DKY Digital and Content Marketing/Social team meetings.
- Collaborative team/relationship builder – strong emotional intelligence.
- Excellent communication skills – written, speaking and active listening.
- Hunger to grow – ongoing personal growth and client growth.
- Driven self-starter who proactively takes steps to define a plan of action.
- Ability to be calm in the storms – proactive at generating solutions.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Organized and strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and ability to learn other technologies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College student in Marketing, Communications, or General Business program entering Junior or Senior year.
- Undergraduate with degree in Marketing, Communications, or General Business.
- June – August 2022
DKY is an independent, Minneapolis-based brand marketing, advertising, and public relations agency. We have a 25-year history of delivering exceptional, effective strategies and campaigns for a wide variety of B2B and B2C clients.
Our mission is to help good people build brands of great impact.
We care deeply about the work and the people we serve and strive every day to keep our relationships as productive and meaningful as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
DKY is an equal opportunity employer. Please complete the form below and include your resume and a brief summary of why you would be a fit for the Project Manager role at DKY. No phone calls please.