DKY is looking for a Designer to help good people build brands of great impact.
You: You are a strong conceptual visual designer skilled in digital, print, video, and whatever’s next. You follow design, culture, and technology trends to continue developing fresh, creative ideas. You exude creative passion with your head in the clouds and feet on the ground, are self-motivated but not ego-driven, love to collaborate, and don’t mind juggling multiple projects.
Us: We are a mid-sized agency of talented, motivated professionals always thinking about how to make things better. Our core values guide our everyday work. We believe in always doing the right thing, delivering excellent results, treating others with kindness and respect, and infusing our work with optimism and fun.
We are looking for a designer who can quickly interpret client business requirements and briefs to translate them into creative solutions that encompass the highest possible design standards.
- Build and foster strong relationships and facilitate communication between the DKY leadership team and our extended team.
- Translate visual design work across various media, including traditional print, interactive/web (User Interface), digital/email, outdoor, trade shows, signage, social, video, etc.
- Take a project from concept to final design with thorough attention to detail using design fundamentals—consistency, balance, hierarchy, alignment, negative space, etc.
- Monitor the quality of all work and strive for excellence from concept to completion
- Contribute to the positive, collaborative creative culture of the agency
- Five to ten years of experience with a robust portfolio, preferably in an agency environment
- Design experience: UI and interactive, advertising and marketing, illustration and logo, publication and typographic, and social media
- Expert-level use of Adobe Creative Cloud products and, most specifically, InDesign, Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Master of typography who understands how it can make or break a design
- Humble and collaborative team/relationship builder with strong emotional intelligence
- Ability to see the bigger picture – looking beyond individual projects and providing holistic design solutions
- Outstanding communication skills – active listening, presenting, persuasion, writing, and giving and receiving constructive feedback and advice
- Hunger to grow – ongoing personal and agency growth
- Driven self-starter who proactively takes steps to define a plan of action
- Ability to be calm in the storms – proactive at generating and defending solutions
- Ability to organize and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment
DKY is a brand marketing, advertising, and public relations agency in the Twin Cities. Our mission is to help good people build brands of great impact. We have a 29-year history of delivering exceptional, effective strategies and campaigns for a wide variety of B2B and B2C clients. We care deeply about the work and the people we serve and strive every day to keep our relationships as productive and meaningful as possible.
We are proud to offer a generous array of benefits* to support our employees, including health (we cover approximately 75% of health premiums for employees and their dependents), dental and vision coverage (covered at 100% for employees and their dependents) and a 401K plan with match (eligible after one year of service). We help fund your HSA, provide paid short and long-term disability and life coverage, and offer voluntary benefits such as AFLAC, Legal Shield & Identity, and pet insurance. And parking is free!
*Subject to change without notice
HOW TO APPLY
DKY is an equal-opportunity employer. Please complete the form below and include your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a brief summary of why you would be a fit for the Designer position.
No recruiters, please.